First draft of UH strategic plan on track for September release
The first project of the University of Hawaii The 2023-2029 Strategic Plan is on track to be available for public review and comment in September following the completion of a public survey in July. A final version is planned for the uh Board of Regents for approval in November, which will provide another opportunity for public input.
The uh The Board of Regents will receive an update on the uh Initiative of the Strategic Plan 2023-2029 during the monthly plenary meeting on August 18. uh President Lasner will present the key requirements and objectives (PDF) identified in the public survey, an internal survey of uh community members and feedback received during virtual town halls.
The uh Third Decade Report (PDF), uh Strategic orientations 2015-2021 and uh post-pandemic plans are also used to help guide the development of the uh Strategic Plan 2023–2029.
Public Poll Results
The public survey was administered by SMS Research and Marketing Services Inc. and asked respondents to rank six priorities for the future of the university that were designed with the general public in mind. Here is the final list starting with the highest priority:
- Provide the scientific and intellectual capacity to address Hawaiiissues and opportunities, particularly around sustainability, energy and climate resilience
- Educate and train Hawaii residents for Hawaiijobs
- Foster economic diversification and development in the islands through research, innovation, entrepreneurship and technology
- Increase the number of Hawaii residents who have education/training beyond a high school diploma, targeting those who have been underrepresented
- Increase access to more programs for students and communities across the state
- To support and support the Hawaiian language, culture and people